Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2016, 01:23 AM   #1
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

IPCPR 2016 Review: Rancho Luna Maduro Robusto(5x50)

Going into this cigar, I knew nothing about the manufacturer or the brand. After doing some research, turns out that this release is from the cigar makers Julio and Justo Eiroa of JRE Tobacco Co.

The cigar had a nice presentation overall, with a pretty black, silver, and red label featuring a fire blowing wolf. The maduro wrapper was flawless with a nice oily sheen to it and the cigar itself had some weight to it. I didn't get much from the pre-light draw in terms of flavors; however, it did reveal that it would have a near perfect draw.

The initial flavors that hit me were a hint of spice, coffee, and a little bit of earthiness. The flavors didn't develop throughout the experience, as this wasn't the most complex cigar on the market. The flavors overall were very enjoyable, but again, not very complex. I would categorize it as a medium bodied and medium strength stick. I did have some major problems with the burn, as I had to make multiple touch ups, and it burned extremely hot. At one point, I thought that I had smoked it down to where I was holding the cigar (I was driving home from work in the dark, in case you were wondering). The cigar just seemed to radiate an abnormal amount of heat and the metallic finish on the label seemed to make the problem worse.

Overall, I thought this was a decent cigar. I didn't love the flavors; however, they were enjoyable - especially for a commuter stick. I think the MSRP of $7, is a bit high for this cigar, as there are so many more complex sticks that come to mind at this price point. I also can't see myself purchasing many more than a single or two, albeit they would have to be near the $3-4 mark for me to pull the trigger on them.

Pre-light – 7
Light – 7
Draw – 8
Construction – 5
Flavor – 7
Power – 7
Average – 6.8/10
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™

Last edited by H311oLHD; 08-13-2016 at 01:25 AM.
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote