Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
bigw
Club Member

Cool IPCPR Golfers Blend Review

I would like to start by stating this is the last stick I have to review and want to thank the Mods for allowing me to do so.

This stick is pale brown almost like a manila envelope and 7 x 50 something. The wrapper had a tear at the foot end of about one inch and has not affected the burn. The wrapper is dry in finish and the cigar is firm. The filler is a whole lot darker than the wrapper.

Prelight sniffy sniff I got nothing but tobacco. No hay, no barnyard, just tobacco.

Cold draw I got more tobacco and toffee on the palate.

First third, crack in the wrapper has had no effect and this is a mild to medium cigar that has a harsh finish,not a a pepper bite, just harsh almost bitter.

Halfway, Gives off a lot of smoke, ash is white and flaky but has held on. I am tasting charred wood and not a lot else. Burn is pretty straight and no touch ups required.

Final third, The burn is a little uneven but hasn't been an issue, still putting out tons of smoke. Still getting charred wood and hints of cedar.

Conclusion. Based on the name alone I would have passed if this was at a B and M, it reminds me of a bundle brand from an online store. While it wasn't bad to smoke it was not my cup of tea. Too one dimensional and mild.
I rate it at a solid seven