Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #12
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
How does it compare to our sadly missed Misty Valley crop?

I'll have to pull the trigger anyway, not that I don't trust you guys but I just gotta know.

Best,
J.
It isn't as deep or as rich as the Misty Valley, nor does the blueberry flavor climb out of the cup and bitch-slap you, but it's damn good coffee. Try stopping the roast right at the first snap of second crack and give it 24-36 hours of rest. It was great at 36hrs, but I did a second brew 24hrs later and the blueberry notes had all but faded away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gui_tarzan View Post
Eight pounds??? How long will that last you?

By the way, the private buy on the Indulge page... $530.00/lb? That would have to come with a pair of 21 year old beauties to tend to your every need while consuming that coffee.
I probably do close to 2lbs/week, so 8lbs will be gone in a month, maybe a little longer.

Don't look at the Green Insiders (what you saw on the Indulge page) as a per pound price. Norman sometimes does private group buys with his regulars, often with rare, very high-grade coffee such as Mavis Banks Mill Jamaica Blue Mountain. I'm thinking $530 would be a steal for 20lbs of that coffee. For sure, it'll be a bulk lot, worked out via email, but he has to set up something on his web site so folks can pay.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote