Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsslack View Post
La Flor Dominicana Suave`: A great departure cigar for Litto Gomez. I say departure because it challenges two of the pillar preconceptions that LFD is famous for. First off it IS what you would think it would be coming from the Gomez Family, an excellent quality cigar with excellent flavor, manners and burn characteristics. What is somewhat surprising is that instead of a potent, no holds barred powerhouse with a healthy price to go with it. It is a medium bodied, yet flavor-full cigar at a very reasonable price point. The near jet black wrapper has a bit of tooth and veining, but has a great look and feel to it. The burn and aroma are classic LFD and I really like the med profile, great flavor and the spot on consistency that this cigar exudes. most here know I prefer the heavy hitting smokes as a rule. But, as is often the case, my tastes wander from time to time. I have grown enough in cigars that I can now enjoy a quality mild, medium or full cigar. The key is Quality. I mean why limit yourself to only one profile or type of cigar? Two days before my first Suave`, I had the pleasure of smoking an LFD Chapter 1, a cigar that topped my list of best cigars of the year for me. So, I did not expect much from a standard line product cigar. It won me over with flavor, aroma, quality and bang for the buck. I handed one (sans band) to a cigar snob where I was and he thought it was a high $$ Padron and he raved about it for two hours. When I fessed up, he laughed then went into the humidor and bought a handful of them. THAT's what a good cigar is all about. Just try one, it's well worth the price of admission.

Cheers!
B., that's an excellent synopsis, thanks for helping us out!!
Remember, though that LFD is now about 22 years old, and his original line, which they just rebranded, was always mild to medium. I cut my teeth on these, especially the old El Jocko Perfecto. THEN he came out with the Ligero blends and his business exploded.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote