Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Poppery disaster

I've been roasting coffee for more than a dozen years. Throughout that time, the original West Bend Poppery has been my workhorse roaster. I've worn out 4 or 5 of these machines, scavenging usable parts from the dead soldiers to keep the rest running.

I've never seen one spew flaming beans over a 6' circle.

OK, so truth be told, I still haven't seen that because I didn't see what actually happened. I started the roast, set the kitchen timer for 5 minutes figuring the roast would take about 6, and went to do other stuff. Timer went off, and I smell smoke...which is billowing out of the roaster. There are burning beans scattered all to hell and gone and several small fires in the leaves. The oil lamp chimney was somehow blown out of the roaster and lay broken on the ground.

I have no idea how that shit could even happen, but there it is. Fortunately I have backups...I pressed one of those into service so I'll have coffee in the morning.

Sure glad I roast outside...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote