Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
macsauce13
Club Member

Unclebeanz $9 Sale

Anything here that should catch my eye? How 'bout you guys? Pretty good deal if you like any of these!

No codes, no minimums on the following roasted coffees: Brazil Peaberry, Brazil Cerrado, Colombian Big Bean, Dominican Barahona, Organic Mexican Chiapas, Nicaraguan Angelina and Negrita. All orders will be processed in order received. Sale ends 3/13/13, 3pm EST

www.unclebeanz.com

Last edited by macsauce13; 03-09-2013 at 06:32 PM.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

sounds like they're roasting them as you order them, so, that's not bad.. I have liked all the mexican coffees that I've had, and the brazilian ones too.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Norman does indeed roast when he receives the order. You can count on him doing a great job, and you can ask him to go lighter or darker as you prefer. If I weren't roasting my own, I'd probably be getting ALL of my coffee from him.

No feedback on the particular coffees, except that the Negrita is an excellent blend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
macsauce13
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
Norman does indeed roast when he receives the order. You can count on him doing a great job, and you can ask him to go lighter or darker as you prefer. If I weren't roasting my own, I'd probably be getting ALL of my coffee from him.

No feedback on the particular coffees, except that the Negrita is an excellent blend.
Thanks Doug!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

I like the Java Sunda Pitaloka (10# green from SM). At least what I do at home, pretty solid bean like Timor when you get either into the FC, FC+ range, otherwise they are a tad too green and grassy for my taster.

Me, I'd pass on the JBM. I've have played with it, but it is finicky and not worth the asking price IMHO. Doesn't produce my cup of Joe anyway. I don't like light and bright, I want dark and brooding.

That said, you might. This is a lot like cigars, drink what you like and like what you drink.

Haven't played with any of those other offerings.

Best,
J.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
macsauce13
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I like the Java Sunda Pitaloka (10# green from SM). At least what I do at home, pretty solid bean like Timor when you get either into the FC, FC+ range, otherwise they are a tad too green and grassy for my taster.

Me, I'd pass on the JBM. I've have played with it, but it is finicky and not worth the asking price IMHO. Doesn't produce my cup of Joe anyway. I don't like light and bright, I want dark and brooding.

That said, you might. This is a lot like cigars, drink what you like and like what you drink.

Haven't played with any of those other offerings.

Best,
J.
It sounds like we might like a similar cup. I view 'bright' coffees as sour a lot of times.

I don't actually know your acronyms, sorry. Would you talk to me like a fifth grader and suggest to me, from the sale, a couple dark coffees? I need already roasted, not green. I would truly appreciate it. I am a complete newb to beans, but I'm trying!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
scubadoo97
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Norman is great to deal with and has great coffee. Also, he is a BOTL
Yes he is.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #8
macsauce13
Club Member

Alright my friends. My two 12 oz packages are almost gone, so I'm ready to order some more. Doug, I really enjoyed the negrita, thanks so much for the suggestion.

Any other blends I should try?

Also, in the sealed packages, will they stay fresh if it is a couple weeks before I get to them? I hate ordering only 24oz or so, would like to order a bit more at a time.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

If you have sealed packages of roasted coffee, freezing them will help keep them lively longer. Don't put the beans back in the freezer after you've opened the packages - glass jar with tight seal, out of sunlight.

IMO, 2 weeks would be pushing it. However, I don't generally go longer than 2 days, so take that with a grain of salt.

I don't have any experience with Norman's other blends, but my guess is that you couldn't go wrong with any of them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #10
macsauce13
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg View Post
If you have sealed packages of roasted coffee, freezing them will help keep them lively longer. Don't put the beans back in the freezer after you've opened the packages - glass jar with tight seal, out of sunlight.

IMO, 2 weeks would be pushing it. However, I don't generally go longer than 2 days, so take that with a grain of salt.

I don't have any experience with Norman's other blends, but my guess is that you couldn't go wrong with any of them.
Thanks for the input Doug. How much do you drink daily? I know you roast your own, so quantity is less important, but just for reference.