Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2017, 03:53 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

ABC FDA Agent

Yesterday I sent a text to my buddy that owns the local cigar shop. I needed to borrow a soldering gun (I dropped mine) as I was swapping out my stock radio in my truck for an upgraded system; needed to solder wires.

Anyway, he texted back that he was at the shop and had just finished an "inspection" by the local ABC/FDA agent. Later at his house (to get the soldering gun) he said the lady in her late forties came in his store handed him her card and introduced herself. In Virginia the ABC stores are the state regulated liquor stores. So the ABC agents go around and investigate stuff like stores that sell hooch to underage kids. And the agents also send in underage kids to try and buy booze. I'm not exactly sure what else they do. Someone here my know.

He said she mainly "inspects" those generic tobacco stores that sell mostly cigarettes, some cigars, and hooka stuff. Where underage kids buy cigarettes more frequently. My buddy has been in the cigar business for years and this was his first ever inspection.

Apparently, in Virginia the FDA is now sending big money to the ABC to use their agents as tobacco agents.

The lady asked if my buddy knew of a young teen she could hire to go around and try to buy tobacco illegally. He said yea, my granddaughter. He said but she looks sixteen she doesn't look older. The lady said that is exactly what she wants. He is thinking if they use his granddaughter he could learn the inner workings of the ABC agent operations.

Wonder if the ABC is trying to earn their FDA cash before Trump takes office. Interesting

--Dan
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote