Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
Augie754

5 Vegas Miami Toro

5 Vegas Miami Toro
Cigar Size = 6 x 48
Country of Origin = Nicaragua
Wrapper = Nicaraguan
Binder =
Filler = Nicaraguan
Purchased From = Cigarbid.com
Purchase Date = 2007-09-24
Purchase price = $3.56
Smoke Date = 2008-06-11

Appearance = 8.9
This cigar was a perfectly round slim toro. It was straight as a arrow with almost no lumps. The wrapper was a nice natural brown color with small delicate veins. The wrapper was relatively smooth in texture, but not silky. The cap was smoothly applied and was the typical triple cap that come on cigars from Pepin Garcia. My only issue was a small hole in the wrapper about an inch from the cap. The band design was simple and looked cheap from further away, but up close was actually quite classy.

Construction = 9.2
The pre-smoke draw was just about right, and after lighting and throughout was near perfect. The cigar felt firm and solid and had some weight to it, like it was packed full with mouth watering tobacco. It burnt razor sharp for the entirety of the cigar. It's burn was cool until the very end, and only heated up with about an inch left. The ash was gray and pretty solid, but did fall off after 3/4 of an inch. The cigar had almost perfect construction, expect as I mentioned above, the small hole near the cap. A small stem appeared to puncture through the binder and wrapper, but only bothered me slightly with the draw.

Taste = 8.8
Pre-smoke flavor was of the typical tobacco taste, nothing overwhelming. It started spicy but quickly smoothed out to a rich leathery flavor with hints of cedar. There was also quite a bit of sweetness after the initial spice mellowed. It strength was medium to full with just making it to full at the very end but never over powering. It had a nice light cedar finish. Overall the flavor was great and give you the typical good cigar experience

Overall
Another good one from Don Pepin. Although the box price seems high, if we could get more 5 packs at this price you can bet I'd be buying more. A great cigar, and a nice match to the 5 Vegas Series 'A'.

Appearance = 8.9 x 1
Construction = 9.2 x 3
Taste = 8.8 x 6
Overall = 8.93
Strenth Rating = Medium-Full

Rating scale:
10.0 - 9.5 = buy at any price
9.5 - 9.0 = premium price box worthy
9.0 - 8.5 = box worthy
8.5 - 8.0 = single or 5 pack worthy
8.0 - 7.0 = single worthy if dirt cheap
7.0 - 6.0 = will smoke if given for free