Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Ringo's CI Legends Vertical Tasting Review Thread!

What a lead-in, huh? I have in my possession two of each of the CI Legends series cigars, so I am going to smoke them over time and give them quick and easy reviews. The main point is to have a reference of what cigars are in the series, what their main characteristics are, and how they compare against each other. I'll use the 100 point CA scale, but please note that since they are being compared and rated against each other that the ratings are subject to change before the tasting is over (if this happens I doubt that any change will be drastic). But the ratings will not be final until the last cigar of the series is smoked. This might take a while as I am in no hurry. I will update as I smoke. I was going to go in alphabetical order for the sole purpose of not having to decide which cigar to have next, but since I already blew that then this is not going in any order. I will rank them in order at the end though.

Cigar 1 - Copper by Drew Estate
This cigar is in the Drew tradition, with a mix of tobaccos and a sweetened tip. I have grown to enjoy Drew's non-traditional blends as well as the sweetened tip; the contrast of some of the rich tobaccos used and the sweetness of the tip works very well for me. It reminds me of strong, bitter Cuban coffee with a super-sweet Cuban dessert, a combination that I used to enjoy very much when I lived in Miami. As far as this cigar goes, although it is mostly mild, it has a nice flavor that starts almost immediately and lasts throughout. It smoked and burned well, and never became harsh at any time, all the way to the nub. I enjoyed this cigar and would smoke more of them in the future.
Rating - 89