Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
stephenm2q

Punch Champion

I was looking at these in the latest JR catalog and Charles (cbw26470) was kind enough to gift me a fiver - here is my review of the first- Thanks Charles !!

It's 4.5x60 in a figurado, wrapper of Ecuador Sumatran, binder connecticut, Filler: DR/HON/NIC

This is a very shapely figurado with a taper down to the cap. Nice construction with a smooth wrapper and a firm feel, all looks good pre-light.

pre- light aroma and draw are spicy and leathery (sorry cant tell if that is saddle or boot leather

Initial notes are light, cedary and sweet, with that solid backbone of leather and tobacco - more crisp than other punch I have had. The draw is very easy, actually just perfect.

Midway through the flavor on the palate is complex and good, nutty and woodsy comes to mind, the nose is richer, more sweetness.

At midway point, there is much more complexity, This is a really nice smoke!

Last third getting some nice nutty flavors - I like this smoke, very nice.

Well, This is definitely now in my rotation! Thanks Charles!
stephenm2q is offline   Reply With Quote