Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
sucol
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty4valve
Well it was A nice little show all the vender's had great deals.. for example. I left with a Tim West and 1/2 lb of Smokers Haven baccy I won in the raffle, then bought a Grey Mountain, a R.C. Sands and a Meer Bulldog then a Pipe rack and a deer horn tamper all for under $130 dollar... oh and I only got $8 in raffle tickets plus my $12 yearly dues to the club. So how was the Albany show?
Man, it was terrible ... should not have been called a "show" at all. It was basically a few tables of merchandise from the host shop, including one table of "estates" that were beat up and over priced. Let me give you an example: a sandblast Charatan dublin with a repair band on the stem ... someone had varnished the pipe with a brown shiny varnish - and not just the pipe, the band and stem as well. A bargain at $50.00!

The audience consisted of members of the shop-sponsored pipe club, and my friend and I who traveled 2 and 1/2 hours to be there. It was quite clear we were "outsiders", and were treated as such. It is impossible to express how much this "show" sucked!!!

The only good thing was we got to visit pipe maker Paul Bonaquisti at his "Park Lane Tobacconist" shop in nearby Clifton Park. What nice shop!

In any event, I'm glad you had a good experience at your show! I guess now I'll just look forward to Richmond.