Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2016, 06:05 AM   #1
jpags

Is it me? Or......

Is it me? Or does it seem like over the years, House Brand cigars such as JR Alts, Famous, CI, just to name a few, used to be a pretty good inexpensive alternative to the top name brand cigars. Now it seems like these cigars are nothing more then seconds of other brands. Forgot taste for a minute, because taste is in the eyes of the beholder, but it seems like no matter what house brand I buy, the draw on a lot of cigars in the bundles are terrible. Most times I get a bundle where 15 of 20 cigars have bad draws, sometimes it's 10 out of 20, very rarely do I get a bundle where most cigars smoke well. I'm smoking one right now as I write this, that has a terrible draw and keeps going out. Years ago I never had to use a cigar poker, today, I use it almost as much as I use my cutter. I know it wasn't always like this, I'm smoking house brands for many years. I smoke about 6 cigars a day, so not every one is going to be a super premium, I offset my habit with house brands, but that's starting to become a tireing experience.

Pags
jpags is offline   Reply With Quote