Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #71
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Last Call by A.J. Fernandez CG. Well constructed cigar with a medium brown wrapper. Pleasant flavor, medium body, good strength with a nice flavor. Good cigar!
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #72
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Nestor Miranda Special Selection Danno 2012 Churchill. This is a 7 x 50 size cigar with a matte brown San Andres wrapper. It's toothy and a bit lumpy. The bands are kind of flashy making the cigar appear better than it otherwise might. The fillers are Nicaraguan and Costa Rican.
The burn was pretty good. The ash was whitish and loose.
The flavor is full bodied and one note. Nothing special about this one.
Gonna smoke the remaining cigars I have when the weather gets colder and I don't want to smoke the better stuff.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #73
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Smoked a Hiram Solomon Gran Toro this morning. Not sure which version. Probably an older one. The foot band had what looked like an MM on it. Medium brown wrapper, 6 x 52, really a great looking cigar.
But I was disappointed. The cigar tunneled, canoed and burned into the wrapper the whole way. The flavor was good at times, but the burn problems ruined it. I have a few more of these. Hopefully I just had a bad one.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:52 AM   #74
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Ortega M3 Toro this morning. 6 x 50 with a nice smooth medium brown wrapper. The burn was pretty straight. The flavor is good with a hint of Nicaraguan sweetness. It's not a fancy cigar, but it's a good one. I enjoyed this cigar!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:58 AM   #75
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Nirvana Cameroon Selection by Drew Estate Torpedo. Well made cigar with a smooth light brown wrapper. The Cameroon wrappers can be thin and fragile, but this one held up just fine. After a one match light, the burn was straight with a firm gray ash. The flavor was of sweet Nicaraguan tobacco with lots of smoke. Nothing flashy, but an overall good cigar and an enjoyable smoking experience.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #76
beevod
Herf God

JR Limited Edition Montecristo Alt. Strong, reasonably flavorful but not within hailing distance of the real thing.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #77
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

It looked like rain today so I grabbed a Nicaraguan Factory Overrun Churchill to smoke. I finished under an umbrella.
This cigar has a rough medium brown wrapper. It ain't pretty. But it's otherwise pretty well made. The burn was a little sideways. After two match corrections it evened out and stayed straight.
The flavor was okay. A slight bitterness persisted throughout, but it was not off putting. Worth the $1.50 I paid for it.
The robustos under the same heading are quite a bit better.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #78
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Toro Y Leon today. 7.5" x 52, I guess that's a Presidente. The wrapper was light brown and thin. It had a small split after smoking a bit. Looked like a Cameroon to me.
The burn was fairly straight with a firm gray ash. The flavor was mild and slightly sweet. This was a pretty good cigar the whole way.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:27 AM   #79
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Room 101 Series HN Honduras Churchill. this 7 x 48 cigar has a good looking medium brown smooth slightly mottled wrapper. The burn was pretty good. The flavor is rich. The strength increased throughout the smoke. I like this cigar.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #80
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Quesada Oktoberfest 2015 Toro. Dark matte wrapper with a good burn and a tight ash. Strong flavor with a salty aftertaste. This was the best of these yet.