Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #1
kevie49

UK Supermarket Cigars: Review 7 - King Six

Purchased from a local independent shop, these are usually available in Tesco. From the initial look it is very like a Hamlet; it is the same ring-gauge, 26, and length, 4.25 inches. The only distinguishing feature is the different coloured ring on the clear wrapper; the King Six sports a blue ring whilst the Hamlet is red-maroon colour.

The King Six starts off mild, with quite a pleasant creamy mouth-feel. The ash is very flaky and isn't holding together at all, no real surprise given the size of the cigar. I found that this burnt quickly, however the bigger concern was that after only 2 minutes the burn line was at a crazy 45° angle.

The taste is mild and leathery. At the start I compared it to a Hamlet in looks, but it definitely has a stronger taste than the Hamlet.

A decent smoke output for a small cigar. There is nothing horrible about this cigar, but it is incredibly bland, there is nothing here that would lead me to recommend it.

Half way through the smoke, 7 minutes, amazingly the burn seems to have sorted itself out and appears to be quite even, this came as a nice surprise given how it behaved at the start.

Into the final third and the taste got a bit more leathery, but also got quite bitter, especially towards the end. Overall the smoke lasted just short of 14 minutes.

Where would I rate these? Personally I would say that they are nowhere near as nice as the Panama Slims, and definitely well behind the Moments Panatellas. But on the other end of the scale, I would certainly take another one of these over a Castella or a Villiger Export Maduro. In the same league as a Hamlet, not as mild, but overall quite a boring smoke.
kevie49 is offline   Reply With Quote