Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2002, 10:25 AM   #1
Hooko
Club Member

This cigar has been in my humidor for 5 months waiting for this day.
Wrapper - Nice dark brown looking maduro. Oily with a nice shine, no blems.
Prelight - Nice and solid no soft spots. Cap looked great as did the foot, no damage to either.
Taste - Powerhouse! This cigar started out bold and heavy in the strenght department, but not harsh at all. Tasted a dark chocolate and pepper at the begining. At the half way point lost the pepper and and the overall flavor smoothed out and picked up alittle cedar taste. Now this cigar became a real joy, not to say it was bad to this point, just that it mellowed out a little. This stayed consistent until the end.
Ash - Light gray with a little flaking, but the flakes never fell off. The ash was solid and stayed on until I knocked it off at about every inch.
Burn - Burn was good, but the draw was just a little tight. This could have been due to not taking it of the humidor to dry a little.
Overall a very enjoyable cigar. I'd keep these around for when I wanted a powerful full bodied smoke. I'd say 7.5 out of 10.
Hooko is offline   Reply With Quote