Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2015, 05:01 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

IPCPR Cigar: Sindicato Maduro

While this is not technically a new IPCPR release, it sorta is for me. I was introduced to the Sindicato line at this year's show and tried the maduro offering for the first time last night.
Sindicato Maduro robusto: The wrapper on this 5x54 vitola immediately caught my eye, it had that heavy luscious look that screamed "RICH FLAVOR!" to me. The cigar has a pigtail cap and a closed shaggy foot. I realize that this may not have any affect on the cigar itself, but I can't help but think that little things like these add to the cigar's presentation and may even speak to the blender's attention to detail. I also noticed that the wrapper used for this cigar is a San Andres Morron leaf......Hmmmm, very interesting.

Upon lighting, I was pleasantly greeted with a nice kick of pepper with a core of chocolate sweetness in the background. It started out with a nice heavy med/full flavor which coated my taste buds in a very good way. The strength was on par with flavor profile, and would peg it on the high side of med/full.
I found myself commenting to my friends on how much I was was enjoying this cigar. Reaching the halfway point, the flavor and strength ratio remained pretty constant. As I started into the final third, I noticed a subtle change with the spice fading just a bit while an earthiness came a little more to the forefront.

The burn on this cigar was superb, with no corrections needed. It produced a very good volume of smoke with a draw that was spot on for me.
While enjoying this smoke I decided to check out the specs on construction and found this:
Wrapper: San Andres Morron (I have become a fan)
Binder: Double binder Esteli, Nic
Filler: Nicaragua Esteli & Jalapa, Nic
Blended by Arsenio Ramos

This one turned out to be a nubber for me, and hated to see it come to an end. I will be looking forward to more of these in the future.
I would definitely rate this one a 4 out of 5 smoke.

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-09-2015 at 01:14 PM.
spiridon is offline   Reply With Quote