Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
bsk
Club Member

5 Vegas Gold Nugget

5 Vegas Gold Nugget
(44 X 4-1/2)

I received this cigar as part of a package deal I bought from bigjohn a couple weeks back. I dry boxed it for 3 days before smoking.

A beautifully presented cigar. A large gold band over a flawless blonde wrapper. Solid contruction.

Pre-light draw had just the right resistance and the flavor was a kind of straw/tobacco flavor.

The cigar lit nicely producing lots of smoke.

Initially it produced a light grassy flavor on a mild body. Very quickly it changed over to a more straight-forward tobacco flavor and gained a little in body. Just before the mid-point the grassiness began to take over again but more pronounced than at the start. Also some dry wood flavor kicked in. With about 1/3 of the cigar left it started to exhibit sharp sour flavor which forced me to pitch it. Up to that point the cigar was very smooth.

It's difficult for me to judge this cigar because I enjoy fuller bodied smokes. And this is a mild cigar. It certainly was very smooth, just a bit on the light side for me. If found this cigar to be rather Macanudo-ish.

If you are a fan of mild cigars, you may want to give these a go.

bsk is offline   Reply With Quote