Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
Deriffe
Herf Meister

Carlos Toraño Noventa Latin

Wrapper - Habano Nicaraguan
Binder - Habano Nicaraguan
Filler - Nicaraguan blend from Pueblo Nuevo, Jalapa, Condega and Esteli.

All tobacco used in these cigars was grown in Toraño fields. This is a total Toraño grown Nicaraguan puro.

APPEARANCE AND CONSTRUCTION – 5 of 5 One of the most beautiful cigars I have seen in a long time. The wrapper was smooth and just a bit oily. There were no visible veins in this particular cigar. It took me several seconds of very close observation to even see the seams of the wrapper leaf.

BURN – 4 of 5 Slightly uneven at first but fixed after 1st half inch. Remainder of cigar burned razor sharp. Firm light gray ash.

DRAW – 5 of 5 Perfect from pre-light to the nub.

AROMA – 5 of 5 I loved the smell of this cigar very much. A deep rich aroma.

FLAVOR – 9 of 10 Great flavor that started out on the mild side of medium but became richer as the cigar progressed. I can only describe this cigar as smooth and flavorful since I don't do the "tasted like leather" comparisons.

TASTE / AFTER TASTE – 9 of 10 Although a medium cigar, the flavor was perfect after the cigar warmed up. Many Nicaraguan cigars have a bitter bite but not this one. The finish left a very pleasing after taste that was never bitter. This was clearly well aged tobacco.

OVERALL QUALITY – 9 of 10 Will definitely be in my normal rotation. ANOTHER home run. I smoked this cigar literally until my fingers burned.

46 of possible 50. Outstanding cigar.

The shop was also fortunate to have been able to grab one of the special Noventa display cases. What a beautiful piece of furniture it is.

http://www.myspace.com/deriffe01
Deriffe is offline   Reply With Quote