Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
bsk
Club Member

La Escepcion Series II - 2000

La Escepcion Series II - 2000

This cigar has been resting in my main humidor for a long, long time. The size is a sort of stretched out toro, a little thinner and longer than a your classic 50 X 6.00 (I don't remember what size or sizes the LE II was produced in).

This was definitely an old cigar. Rock solid feel, the rosado wrapper a bit washed-out looking, and a couple small wrapper cracks at the foot (but nothing serious). The draw resistance was perfect.

The cigar lit easily and produced large volumes of smoke.

For the first third, the smoke was medium in body, amazingly smooth, true tobacco flavor topped with a nice light spiciness.

The middle third developed a decidedly different character. The body made a major jump up, pushing what I would call full. The light spiciness became overpowered by a thick and rich classic tobacco flavor. The smoke was almost chewy. It was heavy bodied and flavored but still smooth as silk.

The last third saw the return of the spiciness. The base full tobacco flavors remained, but the spice brought itself back in perfect harmony. The cigar was an absolute flavor bomb. Not even a hint of bitterness or sharpness ever came through.

Smoked this jewel right down to the nub.

I've smoked countless cigars produced from every major tobacco region on this planet. This cigar rates in my top 10 cigars of all time. Absolutely incredible cigar.

I was worried the almost 10 years of age would have been too long, the cigar would be past it's prime. This was not the case what-so-ever. It just goes to show what long term aging will do to top quality tobacco, in a product blended and produced by those who know what they're doing.

In my book, the LE II is a true cigar all-time classic, bar none.

Last edited by bsk; 09-18-2009 at 10:49 AM.
bsk is offline   Reply With Quote