Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

suggest something for me.

I've started trying to smoke a pipe again, as it's getting harder and harder to make it outside to smoke a cigar.

It isn't the same, and nowhere near as relaxing as just sitting and peacefully smoking a cigar, but I can do it in my basement, and she doesn't complain.

It has to be an aromatic, mild, and very appealing. She is wanting me to find the old "cherry cavendish" sort of thing, something that smells sweet, aromatic, and maybe fruity.

I have a tin of mclelland deep hollow, and I like the mildness and the va character, and just enough aromatic character for myself and her, but she's not crazy about it. I've got peterson's irish whiskey, and like it, but she gets nothing but tobacco, and that isn't making her happy. I just bought macbaren black ambrosia, (nice, strong aroma, licorice andor molasses type smell, with chocolate or coffee?). She really loved the black ambrosia, but like the other topdressed, it smoked kind of hot and rough.

Anything right along those lines that will be easier on the palate?

Would it be stupid to cut that into smaller ribbons or flakes, and blend some into my mclelland?

Got a suggestion for a "cherry cavendish" that isn't going to taste/smell like medicine, and leave me wanting to amputate my tongue? I was looking at cornell and diehl, and they have quite a number of fruits, and at least one or two sounded liek they are worth a try, and buying their 6 pack sampler would equip me for a very long time...
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote