Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
bigw
Club Member

Thumbs up Dos Palmas Maduro

My wife and daughters went to Applefest in Warwick NY (my hometown) today to partake in the festivities. There was a tent set up with benches underneath and the rep from Dos Palmas was there selling cigars. Needless to say she purchased one for me. Their website sucks. Latitude48.com. There is no info as to where and what, but I will revue anyway.
The stick is 7x50 ish and dark cocoa in color, firm to the touch with tight invisible seams.
Prelight smells like hay, and tobacco. Prelight draw is very tight, cross cut with a v cutter and that helped. Prelight flavors of cocoa and toffee with a hint of black licorice at the end.
First third. Draw is still tight, working hard to take puffs. Initial flavors are of fresh cut wood and some vegetal notes. Smoke output is light and fades from the palate quickly, strength is light. Burn is spot on even and ash is firm and light grey.Mild to medium bodied.
Ash held on for two inches, tapped it anyway. Smoke output has increased. Still tasting fresh cut wood.
Halfway, not much has changed except getting some mineral flavor in addition to the wood, burn is still relatively spot on.
Final outcome. Profile remained the same. Well constructed. Well worth the $5.00 she spent. I would get more as an everyday stick
Old 10-02-2017, 05:51 PM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Nice review, BigW, thanks!
Wouldn't mind knowing more, myself.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote