Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Drink-related CW Articles.

Not to take away from Doug K's "A Rich Pour" series.

It's Monday, admittedly kind of late, but this week's feature piece was published early this morning.

Quote:
A Spirited Boil

Cigar Weekly contributing editor Todd Crandall (sevenmag) shares his experiences of building some home brewing equipment with his friend Nick Assad.

Whenever my friend Nick and I get together, things are usually getting built, repaired or modified in some way. We’ve replaced carburetors on jeeps and Harleys, added onto his house, and barely escaped serious injury and death a few times during some of our weekend soirées. Of course, a few adult malted beverages are consumed along the way. So it would seem a natural progression that at some point the plans for brewing some beer and building the gear necessary would emerge.

Now admittedly, I’m nothing more than a weekend warrior when it comes to welding. But I do pretty well with all the other power tools it takes for a project like this one. Nick, on the other hand, is more than capable of doing the whole project alone (and for the most part he did). He does, after all, live on the premises that houses our new brewery. I've just come over and helped whenever I could.
Interesting piece for all you who enjoy beer, and enjoy brewing.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote