Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
bsk
Club Member

Lopez Tonight Cigar

Some time ago, I threw in a 4-pack of Lopez Tonight Belicoso cigars into one of my JR purchases. I finally broke into the pack tonight.

The cigar was very good looking. The wrapper was pretty much flawless, medium brown in color. However, the wrapper looked and felt dry, no oil to it at all. The construction was very good. It clipped easy, the draw resistance just right, with a spicy prelight flavor. The prelight aroma had a bit of barnyard in it.

It lit easily, produced good volumes of smoke, and burned straight. The flavor was decent. Medium body with a bit of spiciness and no off flavors. Nice tobacco aroma as it burned. I smoked about 2/3 of it and it never got harsh or bitter.

In the end though, there was just nothing noteworthy. It was just another plain bundled cigar. Nothing to turn you off, but nothing to make you grab for one the next time.

It's possible I'd smoke another, but I'll probably keep them around to pawn off on unwanted moochers.

Side note: If I was putting my name on a cigar, I'd sure as hell want it to be better than that. Just saying ...

Last edited by bsk; 05-16-2014 at 03:50 PM.
bsk is offline   Reply With Quote