Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2006, 05:42 AM   #1
Coach
Herf Meister

1979 Montecristo No.2-Dunhill......

I recently can across a BOTL that has a very extensive and EXPENSIVE cigar collection. We've become good friends and I asked if I could purchase a couple of sticks from him...my first choice were Dunhill Robustos(he didn't have enuff to sell) so he offered me this vitola.

MRN decribes this cigar as the following:

"Tastes similar to a regular Monte,despite some people saying that they are superior to a regular Monte".

Dunhill Seleccion Suprema No.2 6 1/8 X 52
Discontinued in 1982

This cigar was offered to my guests Clancy,Dartplayer and Caponi as our after dinner smoke. I lit the cigar and we each took 4 puffs off it and passed it around.

Overall appearance:
Silky, chocolately,firm with no soft spots.

Light up:
quick and easy, full draw that wasn't airy. lotsa smoke.

Ash:
solid white that we didn't dump until 2".

Tastes:
First taste was that of coffee beans,very full bodied and freash roasted. Upon my next puffs it changed to Earthy tastes,woodsy.
3 round it became Leathery......robust....bittersweet.

remember I was one of 4 that smokes this stick so I have asked the other 3 to add their expierences to this review.

Overall:
I was thankful to have had this smoke and share it with my friends. I can honestly say that it was truly a "once in a lifetime smoke". Even though I still have 1 more to go it will have to be a SPECIAL momment for me to torch that one.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote