Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
jjmd
Club Member

Opus xXx Power Ranger

Big taste in a small package! This one was from '03. Beautfiul flawless rosado-colored wrapper with barely perceptible veining. Solid construction without soft spots. Easy light. Loose draw in the first third, but got better after that. Even burn through the first half, then some uneveness thereafter. Required one relight (maybe b/c I purposefully smoked it slowly). Thick clouds of dense smoke. Gray-white flakey ash. BOOM! Started immediately with "in-your-face" spice and black and white pepper. The first third was a medley of vanilla, cedar, mahogany, leather, and a hint of burnt almond. The middle third brought notes of cinammon, spicy ginger, and a hint of black cherry all on the backdrop of a woody melange. The final third added a whisper of game and charcoal. All in all, this one hour 15 minute full-bodied smoke was surprisingly complex and VERY powerful. Even though I smoked it on a full stomach, I could still feel the abundance of Vitamin N. This one was gifted to me, so price wasn't an issue (which made it worth the $, of course!). Not an everyday cigar, but a nice change of pace for an after dinner smoke when you have the time to sit for awhile. Paired well with 15 y.o. Matusalem rum.

-JJ

"A Pizza, a Pickle-tickle and a good Cuban smoke,
Makes a man happy, sleepy... and broke!"

No, come to think of it, I believe it was fitzonelove.

-Shrink
jjmd is offline   Reply With Quote