Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Reyes Family Premier Gordo

I was given a few samples from Mr. Santos in September, and I just havent had an opportunity to do a review...until now .

The gordo is a monster at 6 x 60, with a chocolate brown oily wrapper. After lighting the cigar I was hit with a massive amount of spice (almost unbearable), but it soon mellowed out. I've picked up an interesting flavor that I haven't tasted in many cigars, almost a smokey BBQ flavor. About a 1/3rd in, I'm picking up some hints of coffee and earth. The burn on this stick started out a little shakey, but it has corrected itself fairly well. The ash is a nice white color, but is quite flaky. The ash finally fell off after about an inch and a half. The second third of the smoke has been a lot smoother then the first, not much of a change in the flavors, just a cleaner finish. The finish consisted of coffee and leather.

Overall:

I really liked this smoke and would highly recommend it. The smoke is medium bodied and very complex. The last 2/3rds become consistent, but the flavor is good. The smoke has a light aroma, but is extremely pleasant. My main two gripes with this smoke is the spice in the beginning, but also how flaky the ash is.

I'd rate it a B+. 87/100.

I'd like to finsh this review by thanking Mr. Santos for this wonderful sample, and for being very patient with me. I apologize it has taken this long for me to finally write this up!

-Aaron
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™

Last edited by H311oLHD; 02-20-2009 at 06:13 PM.
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote