Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
TNote

Bolivar RC 2006

Ok, since I'm sitting here on a Friday morning at work and bored out of my skull (not many people are here because of the holiday), I thought I'd catch up on some recent gars' I've had...

This one was a shocker to me. When I had received two of these from a box that my brother had purchased I had just let them sit on his initial input. He was very dissapointed at the taste when first purchased. So, along with nothing more than a refreshing beer and a hot summer day I finally decided to give one a try. All I can say is that this gar' never seems to dissapoint me!

Pre draw was the tell tale rasin-like taste of a Bolivar that I always notice.

Upon lighting, I was immediately hit with an earthiness taste with a hint of dark chocolate. The chocolate had continued to build throughout the first half.

Then, mid-way through, the wonderful citrus taste and floral aroma that I have so selfishly forgot about (it's been about a year since the last Boliar, and longer for an RC). This can only be described with one word - INCREDIBLE! This, I remebered was what drew me to this gar' in the first place.

The finish had converted back to hints of Dark Choclate and spice. This is what I'd call a meaty finish for a cigar - the end left me satisfied, but smacking my lips for more...

This, I must say, is the perfect example of why I prefer a good cuban over a NC. Well, I still have one more to relish over until my next order - bolivars will be on the list this time - although I'm looking at the PC's for a little variety. Who know's? Maybe I'll just have to get a box of the PC's and the RC's!

T