Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2002, 12:45 AM   #1
JGIORD
Club Member

Well I just finished off this monster smoke. This is a big fat corona gorda. The wrapper is smooth and inviting and looks like a mixture of a sungrown and maduro wrapper, almost a throwback to the pre-relase LLMF days.

Draw and smoke volume were very good as the cigar produces a thick chewy smoke (makes great smoke rings too).

Initial flavors are very heavy, but smooth with earthy, loamy and slightly herbal like flavors. This reminded me of some of the best LGC Wavell Maduros I've smoked. The word Peat Moss comes to mind. Its rich and velvety and leaves a heavy coating to the palette. This is definitely an evening smoke.

Unlike the other LLMFs I didn't detect much or any spice to this cigar, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The cigar burned flawlessly leaving a solid med grey ash and a strong heavy aroma.

The flavors stayed pretty consistent throughout the smoke, but this cigar builds a sneaky strength to it that by the end of it you will know that you are done for the day

Overall its a full bodied, full strength smoke and quickly moved to top honors in the LLMF lineup.

Its smokes like this and the LLAF Rhino, that may make me switch to larger ringed cigars..........well maybe just occassionally.