Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2002, 01:40 PM   #1
Kristine
Club Member

Life has sorta sucked lately, and I guess I've grown tired of wallowing in it. I haven't had a cigar in well over a week. So, I figured it was time to put aside a broken heart and just move on. (We'll see how long that lasts ... probably until something triggers a memory, then I'll be melancholy again ... but I digress).

I devoted a little time Sunday afternoon to spraying to kill those pesky mosquitoes I've been dealing with for the entirety of the summer. Just after sunset, I grabbed my cutter, lighter, a glass of iced cold water, and a Hemingway Signature (TYJG) that's been sitting since '98 (I had only had it a year), and made myself comfortable in
one of the lawn chairs on the patio and snuggled down to enjoy the sounds and wonderment of a beautiful summer evening. Living on a creek lot has its joys and its drawbacks. The sounds of critters are elodious, but the onslaught of mosquitoes can be quite frustrating. So lighting a cigar is a necessity!

I first smoked a Hemi Sig around the end of June last year, have had a few since, but because of the age on this one, I had been saving it for "a special occasion." I figure getting over a broken heart is occasion enough.

The wrapper was beautiful -- dark, oily and very toothy. The tightly tapered foot lit easily, and after just a few moments, this beauty produced voluminous amounts of smoke, which I love. The construction of this cigar is hard to beat. The ash held very well even with the breeze, the burn was razor sharp, and the draw was damn near perfect.

It had a nice, easy finish that was almost sweet. I thought it to be a nice, medium-bodied smoke, full of flavor that turned a little spicy towards the end. I wouldn't classify it as powerful ... more of a smooth, soothing smoke.

As dusk faded and night fell, the weariness I've been feeling fell with it. A few clouds moved in, and their pink/mauve hue was picturesque. It was a nice backdrop for my thoughts and ponderings of the world and life in general. How bad could life really be when smoking a Hemi Sig, after all?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. — Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Edited by - kristine on 07/29/2002 2:40:59 PM

Edited by - kristine on 07/29/2002 2:41:34 PM

"Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control."
~ Tom Landry

Kristine is offline   Reply With Quote