Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2002, 10:13 AM   #1
jchamb
Club Member

My last one from the (Trois Diamant) sampler gifted by tbateman (Thanks again Tom!).
Let me say that while CAO's are not one of my 'regulars', I've smoked quite a few - and I really like these round ones better than the severe boxpress.

As with the Cameroon, construction is beautiful. Nice and firm cigar with a great dark brown/reddish wrapper. It's almost as dark as the maduro, but I'm always drawn to the red wrappers somehow. The difference between the eXtreme and the Cameroon is like day and night, and it's hard to know which one I prefer. The eXtreme has more body, and reminds me (in strength) of a Bolivar Fuerte Cuban corona - a bit more taste though.

Perhaps I should have held this for later in the day! I like Nicaraguan puros, and this is certainly a fine example of these. Lots of strength, lots of flavor, and a fine little cigar.

Now that I've smoked the three cigars included in the Trois Diamant package, I've decided to do some non-isom shopping for a change and pick up a box of these! Good cigars, and I don't have to worry about shipping...