Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

Cedar sleeves on cigars

This is kind of like the cello on or off threads. Personally I do not like the cedar sleeves that come on cigars. I have had cigars that are moldy under that sleeve. Also, I wonder what the manufacturer is hiding under there, poor quality wrapper? Yesterday I was looking forward to smoking a cigar for the first time in 4 days. I pulled out a GH Vintage, pulled the cedar sleeve off, and was in dismay of how poor the wrapper was. The cigar was very good, but it got me wondering if manufacturers cover their cigars for this reason. One time I purchased a Fonseca with the cedar wrap. When I pulled the cedar off, the cigar was moldy. This could have been due to over humidification by the dealer. I don't know, but I try to stay away from cedar wrapped cigars. Unless it's a good deal like it was with the GH's. Another recent purchase was an Obsidian White Noise which is sleeved with paper. What a waste. They should have just made a plain band instead of the sleeve.