Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
AnejoMofo
Club Member

Tatuaje Noellas Miami

Here's an off-the-cuff review of my first Tatuaje:

This little "5.1" x 42 smoke had an absolutly flawless wrapper; a beautiful medium brown, almost rosado leaf, smooth as silk and slightly shiny with oil. The construction appeared perfect although a gentle squeeze revealed a hardness indicitive of a too-tightly rolled cigar. The prelight draw had an excellent spicy flavor that promised a strong smoke. However, it also revealed, as I feared, a very tightly rolled cigar. Not unsmokeable, but way too tight for my liking. I've heard that there's been some construction issues with the Miami Tatuajes.
As I gently toasted the foot of the cigar I was impressed with how quickly the wonderful aroma of finely blended tobaccos filled the (albeit small) room. Whatever this little guy was made of was powerful! The first few puffs were very spicey yet complex. Powerful, but subtly so. Any dog-rocket cigar can burn your face off, it takes a well blended cigar to provide power and spiciness in a nuanced way. This is the sort of strength with finesse Rocky Patel talks about trying to achieve with "The Edge". I believe Pete Johnson took a better swing at it than Rocky, with the Noellas.
After the first third, the spiciness began to mellow out and the flavor became warm and salty. Despite the tightness of the draw, the cigar produced a good amount of nice white smoke; and somehow, I was able to hold on to the aroma, which usually dulls after smoking for a while. The power returned in the last third of the cigar which finished very strong but without the acridity that sometimes developes in these types of smokes.
All in all, I would consider this an excellent cigar. Man, does a tight draw ruin it for me, though. Maybe I just want too much. The cigar can be wonderfully blended and burn perfectly (which this one did, did I mention that?), but if the draw isn't right it seriously impedes my enjoyment. I will definately pick up a few more of these in hopes that they're not all as tight. I'll let you know.

-AM
"Always have cigars; the rest you can fix." -Ernesto Padilla
_______
RIP Cubano67
AnejoMofo is offline   Reply With Quote