Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Drew Estate Chateau Real Magnum 46

Drew Estate Chateau Real Magnum 46

5 5/8 x 46 ring Parejo
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade
Binder: San Andreas Negro Oscuro
Filler: Nicaraguan Cuban Criollos & Dominican Piloto Cubano
Info: Chateau Real by Drew Estate

Before I get into my review I have two acknowledgements for our good friend Steve Saka. First, a sincere thank you for the opportunity to sample these tasty cigars and second an apology for taking so damn long to submit my review. I received 3 Chateau Real samples from Steve in mid-February and for various reasons simply have not had the time available to do them justice. So, Steve, please accept my gratitude and amends!

OK, the cigar. I’ll start by mentioning that I prefer fuller flavor vitolas so this mild offering really came as quite a surprise.

This was a perfectly constructed example sporting a beautiful blemish free golden hued claro wrapper that had minutely fine veining. The bunch was uniform and responded with ideal resiliency. The multi-piece cap was perfectly formed and centered. A great start to our session!

The aroma was fragrant, with hints of earth and barnyard. Don’t read that the wrong way. Barnyard is good! Could it be the San Andreas binder? The cap yielded to my punch without incident. The pre-light draw was ideal. The right amount of resistance for my liking. The flavor was bready with subtle sweetness in the background.

Lighting was straightforward and uneventful. The burn and draw were exemplary and dead on through the entire session. Also, I didn’t experience a single quality or construction problem. The ash was sturdy with the filler burning to a whitish gray to tan and the binder/wrapper package to a coarsely furrowed dark gray.

This is a mild flavor cigar with body leaning toward medium. The first third delivered ever so light spice over a soft almond foundation. The middle third transitioned to a wheat toast and nutty like sensation. This carried into the final third where pleasant toasted tobacco took over right to the nub. The creamy finish was moderately long and very pleasant leaving nutty remnants. This is a rich and balanced cigar. A nice combination and something I haven’t experienced at the mild end. Very tasty!

I truly enjoyed this cigar and highly recommend it to anyone preferring milder products. If you’re a fuller flavored kind of smoker I would suggest this as a great change of pace.

Thanks again to Steve Saka for this opportunity and thanks to you for reading my review!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote