Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2002, 02:45 PM   #1
Hooko
Club Member

After reading some of the other opinions on this cigar I wasn't sure what to expect, but here goes.
Prelight - This cigar has one of the best looking lables I've seen. The cigar is nice and firm, well packed and no soft spots. Nice looking wrapper, but I did notice a few white spots (water)? Prelight draw had a nice nutty taste, looking forward to lighting it up.
Ash - Gray and black and firm. The ash stayed on for the first 2 inches before I tapped it off. Stayed firm throughout.
Burn - Even and straight throughout.No problems. Never needed a relight.
Taste - First few puffs gave a mild to medium strength. Easy draw and good smoke volumn. Little pepper noticed. Flavor profile is woodsy and earthy. At the 1 inch mark the cigar became more of a medium strength and the flavors intensified. Still has that pepper bite but it's not overpowering. I like this cigar. Nice tobacco flavor you look for in a cigar. There is an underlieing flavor of cedar that stays on the tongue. This cigar is creamy and very pleasant, never harsh.
Overall - I liked this cigar. I know some have been unsatisfied with this cigar, but this one is really terrific. I'd give it an 8.5 and that's my humble opinion.
Hooko is offline   Reply With Quote