Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

If I see something slammed in print, vigorously and frequently, I tend to totally disregard those reviews. That sort of aggressiveness is frequently brought on by unreasonable expectations. Sometimes, they're just written by idiots.

The best example of idiots writing reviews was one I found on walmart.com; some moron wrote a review describing a pellet gun as being the best one available, and a perfect gun for hunting wild turkey.

Well, I own one and find it to be far short of great, and as for shooting wild turkeys, you can't even reliably kill a damned squirrel with one. Only a pinhead would try to kill a wild turkey with a pellet gun.

Any review that seems unreasonably good or bad and lacking in factual reporting should be written off as not impartial and probably not even remotely helpful.

Have you ever noticed on the commercial sites like Half.com how many people there have 90 or so feedback, and most of the negative feedback consists of petty complaints like the thing was a day or two late?
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote