Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2023, 02:33 PM   #1
awesome1
Club Member

H.Upmann PC 2016

Nice medium brown wrapper with a slightly oily sheen to it. Couple smaller veins in the wrapper but no major flaws or issues.
Pre light draw is very good and flavor is salty sweet.
It takes about 1/2 -3/4 of an inch for this to really start coming together. Slightly sweet nutty flavors with that ever present saltiness on the palate. Aroma is sweet, smooth and sort of bread like. Hard to describe exactly. Retro is a sweet cedar. Smoke volume is also very nice.

Start of the 2nd third. Honied salted cashew with a bit of char. Retro and aroma still a smooth sweet cedar

Last 3rd was excellent. Little more burnt leaf on the finish maybe because I was smoking a little too fast. Overall though an excellent cigar. I was able to score a couple boxes a couple years ago and very happy I did. This line along with Partagas are 2 of my favorite brands from the island. Cohiba as well but they were getting to expensive long long ago even before the recent price increases.
awesome1 is offline   Reply With Quote