Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #15
cbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznut
And if (goodness gracious) you ever stumble across any Bowmore 12YO 43%ABV in the very old dumpy brown bottle with the gold-trimmed label issued during the 1980s, it would be interesting to compare that particularly fine distillate with the more contemporary versions.
When this old thread surfaced I decided to try some of the 43% ABV Bowmore 12 YO I picked up a few years ago. It's not in an "old dumpy brown bottle with the gold-trimmed label" but it is a litre bottle obtainable only at duty-free stores.
Very nice.
A great compliment to my cigar without an overwhelming amount of its own smoke. One of my favorite "lighter" Islays.
I must get a recent 40% ABV 12 YO and do a side-by-side before I finish this bottle.

Commander Bob
Port on the menu tomorrow.
cbob is offline   Reply With Quote