Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2005, 07:48 AM   #1
sm.scoles

Springbank 10 vs. Springbank 15

Scored a little Springbank 15 from a friend in my flask! I had some 10 year old marinating on the bar, so I figured we'd have a little scotch fight!

Springbank 10:

Nose: Sea salt... Smoke...no, not 'smoke', more coal. A charred hint on the more typical smoky scent. Also sweet.

TASTE: Much like the Dalwhinnie 15 I recently bought this Scotch is very 'clean' tasting. This has a slight saltiness to it, a little bit of smoke working its way through. The smoke seems to build a little as I drink. It's got some earthiness to it...not really 'peat' but similar. There is a bit of a citrus hint as well. Utterly complex. Excellent Scotch, highyl recommended!

Finish: Looooooong, sweet. The citrus taste persists, but very light. some smoke, but not much. Very nice.

Overall: Excellent, complex as all hell. I give it 4.7/5 flasks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Springbank 15:

Nose: More salt. Peat. A fresh outdoor kinda smell. Not much smoke or coal, more sweetness. Maybe a sherry hint? Might be reaching for that one!

Taste: WOW! I had considered Springbank 10 to be a treasured guest in my house, but this stuff just KO'd that bitch! Smooth as hell. Again, very clean, even more than the 10, but not quite as fresh as the Dalwhinnie 15 (the cleanest I've drank) Sweetness, fruits, not citrus, just a sweet fruit taste.... if I had toi venture I;d say apples.

Overall: A grand Champion! This stuff is superb, like...butter in the mouth. Great mouthfeel even. Good fucking GOD I gotta buy a bottle! This shit can be quaffed all day, no ice, no water. I am near orgasm.

5/5 Flasks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, no contest, 15 KO's 10 with a 4th rnd TKO.

Anybody who's listening! BUY IT NOW!

Damn the cost!