Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

IPCPR Cigar Entrada Gordo--edited and enlarged

Mad Dawg, they make these in a corona size, too.
However, at IPCPR, I was handed a bag with this cigar inside, plus a couple nice "gifts" including a sticker and a caribiner key chain.

This cigar is made for an Omaha-based tobacconist, by Casa Fernandez. I'm inclined to think it's good just on that information.

I'm about to cut it and light

Quote:
This blend of Nicaraguan criollo, viso, and corojo with a San Andreas wrapper will excite your palate. It starts off with a nice soft spice with hints of earthiness and cocoa. The chocolate profile stays throughout the entire smoke. As you burn farther down, you will start to pick up more of a black pepper note. This medium bodied cigar is strong enough to please the avid smoker, yet smooth enough that a beginner can enjoy it.
It's box-pressed and it's SOME pretty.

Emma Viktorsson was right, this San Andres draws like mad.
This thing has not gone out on me, still copious amounts of flavorful smoke coming from it. It's not leaving a strong finish, more reason to like it a LOT. The finish it leaves is like a good cup of coffee.
It has dropped its ash , and there is a solid core of ligero
sticking straight out from it demanding my attention!

I had to relight the cigar once, about at the band. I had neglected it for almost ten minutes, and it went out. Prior to that, I got upwards of five minutes, and it would still draw, and immediately clouds of smoke would billow. The cigar never got strong, never got too hot, did not get a char flavor near the end. This is a real "nubber" if ever there was one.

Boys I think we have a winner here.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-01-2015 at 03:33 PM.
TommyBB is online now   Reply With Quote