Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2002, 03:48 PM   #1
JayMonster

JR SPECIAL CORONA
Handmade HON
Wrapper: ECU SUM
Binder: ECU
Filler: NIC/DR

Medium-Full Bodied (According to JRs)

Available in 6 Sizes
Style Reviewed: NO. 4
Size of Review Cigar: 5.5 x 45

Price ~$2.00/ea.

Packaged in six-pack bundles.

There are two Special Coronas. Both are Ecuador Sumata with the ones that are *supposed* to be darker being the Maduro.

The Sumatra Wrapper had a sweet spice taste to it that just made this cigar a wonderful smoking experience that I didn't want to end (burned the finger quite nicely nubbing this thing). The cigar was at best a medium body so those who crave power may find this a bit lacking. But what it didn't have in power it made up in flavor. As I said you had rich flavors of sweet spice, and leather and a distinct Nicaraguan Flavor (don't know how to describe it further, but all Nic tobacco has a certain notable taste to me). The finish on the cigar was leathery but a bit short.

As with seemingly all products produced by Rolando Reyes there were minor construction problems. They were just the slightest bit spongy but the draw was excellent (I'll take slightly spongy over plugged anyday). Burned perfectly even the whole length of the cigar.

If I had to cA the cigar:

Appearance:... 18 of 20
Construction:. 16 of 20
Flavor:....... 45 of 50
Overal:....... 08 of 10

Total:........ 87

There are going to be many of these six packs sitting in my cooler when all is said and done. Oh did I mention that they are available in six packs? Easy to sample and just "throw in" with your regular order. Try 'em without a major investment.

Those who are willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither

- Ben Franklin

- Sacha Guitry
JayMonster is offline   Reply With Quote