Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:03 AM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Marrero Fuerte Gran Robusto

This cigar has an oily maduro wrapper in a box press format. The aroma from the foot is coffee and cocoa. The cold draw is perfect. This morning’s beverage is a Chameleon Cold Brew latte.

The initial flavors are sweet cocoa and coffee with a medium black pepper in the retrohale. A very short split occurred at the foot when I lit the cigar, but the very even burn consumed it quickly. This is a medium bodied cigar that is great with coffee in the morning.

A very satisfying earthiness joins the flavor profile in the first third. The smoke is very smooth and thick. The pepper notes in the retrohale have diminished some. The burn remains mostly even. The ash is solid although I tapped it after it passed one inch.

During the second third cinnamon notes joined the flavor profile. The cigar remains medium bodied and smooth as the flavors continue to develop. It went out at one point (mostly because I am smoking it very slowly) but relit easily. It continues to be burn evenly.

Approaching the final inch the complexity of flavors remains excellent. The cinnamon notes continue to stand out with the remaining flavors forming a solid base. The construction is also very good. 9/10, Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? ̃ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
bsslack
Herf Meister

Another excellent review of a cigar and brand that I've never heard of before. That list keep getting longer, not shorter.

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

I can fix that Brian...
Also, Doug! Front page this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsslack View Post
Another excellent review of a cigar and brand that I've never heard of before. That list keep getting longer, not shorter.

Cheers!
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #4
bsslack
Herf Meister

Ulp!

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote