Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Post IMPORTANT: Events Calendar

As you have heard, we're in the process of migrating to a new and improved CW. All of the content here has to be moved a little at a time.

I would appreciate it if any of you planning a herf would add it to the CW Events Calendar HERE.

That way it can be noted over at the new site.

Thanks!

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

Last edited by TommyBB; 06-25-2010 at 02:51 PM.
BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Good work, Jason.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
madal
Herf Meister

Excellent Jason!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
Stogie-man

Very nice Jason, keep up the good work.......
Old 03-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
jcarlton
Club Member

Thanks for this thread. I was wondering what happened to the event I posted and am glad I searched before asking.

JC
jcarlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Keep them coming guys.
I've been combing this room the last few days. In doing so, any event with a definite date, time, and location are getting added to the calendar. I'm sorry, there's no way, at this time, for you all to add events. But post them here or send me an e-mail or a PM just in case Jason or I don't add it.

This has always been an important part of CW, and we want it to be as thorough as possible.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 12-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Changes

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanges...

Disregard my last post from August.
The forum software has a calendar, too. See it in the gray bar? Fourth link from the left.

In the very near future, you will be able to add your events to the calendar yourselves, then an editor or moderator will check it over and approve it for publication. Keep it in mind when you post events. For the moment, I'm still reading through this room, and adding your events as you post them.

This calendar has a very easy to use "recurring" feature, that allows us to choose the particular day, and how often it occurs. For instance MrDiver's Lazy Smokin Bastards, I was able to set it to the third Wednesday of every 1 month, and voila.....

Keep those events coming folks, that's how we build community.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanges...

Disregard my last post from August.
The forum software has a calendar, too. See it in the gray bar? Fourth link from the left.

In the very near future, you will be able to add your events to the calendar yourselves, then an editor or moderator will check it over and approve it for publication. Keep it in mind when you post events. For the moment, I'm still reading through this room, and adding your events as you post them.

This calendar has a very easy to use "recurring" feature, that allows us to choose the particular day, and how often it occurs. For instance MrDiver's Lazy Smokin Bastards, I was able to set it to the third Wednesday of every 1 month, and voila.....

Keep those events coming folks, that's how we build community.
PLEASE, add your events to the calendar. As you post your herf threads here, go into the calendar and post your events.

There are text boxes for everything, if you don't wish to fill out all the fields, at least put n/a as the software will not publish if any of the categories are empty. As well, there is a large text box for any extra information. It's BB Code, like this, so you can add photographs, change fonts, text size, bold, italicize, underline and even use emoticons.

I DO ask you to follow one policy, though. Begin your entry with the town and state. If you notice, most of the entries have that formula. If you look on the calendar itself, you will see that when there are multiple events on the same day, the titles and such get shortened by the software.

So, it's easy to see, at a quick skim or glance at the calendar WHERE the events are. Although we would LOVE to have you all click every event to find out where it is, giving us some nice click-through numbers, that's not member and guest friendly.

Better by far for you all to be able to scan the page and see, quickly, if there's anything going on near you.

As an example we have
San Antonio, TX: San Antonio Monthly Herf
That's the way it should read. Location and Herf title.

Thanks for playing along, and let's get some events up on the calendar. If you don't see them immediately don't sweat it, I'll approve them within 12 hours, usually, as I'll get an e-mail notice.

Let's get some herfs going, and let's build this community better than it is now.

Last edited by TommyBB; 09-15-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:39 PM   #9
The Old Boar

Smokin' Ac3s Poker Tournament - Atlanta

September 25 @ Eastside Station: Team Poker, Sponsor of the winning Team gets a "Stinky Herf Edition Ashtray" Trophy, top 10 get lots of goodies, first to be "Flushed Out" Trophy, and a "Bubble Boy/Girl" prize. Sponsor of the Winning Team get bragging rights for the BEST POKER TEAM in Atlanta.

More info. later