Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
Pharmr

well after the awesome Short I had last week I decided to try a Partagas that was new to me...the Presidente...a gift from Dallas herf buddy of mine, Churchill...a beautiful perfecto that tapers to a pointed head...6 1/4 x 47...a nice reddish wrapper that was as smooth as silk, not a vein anywhere...well filled from top to bottom...clipped easily, but the pre-draw was firm...keeping in mind that most perfectos start off with a firm draw and loosen once past the nipple I continued...after careful lighting, this cigar immediately wanted to run slightly...I corrected it and settled in...the first flavors were almost floral, with a bit of spice..the body was on the medium side...the main problem was the draw, this cigar didnt want to loosen up...I wasnt getting the tons of smoke I like in a cigar...but still it was very flavorful...at the halfway point it turned a bit woody/earthy, and the spice remained a constant...the cigar provided a nice lingering finish...I had a few more run problems that were easily corrected, but annoying nonetheless...overall it was a very tasty cigar that I enjoyed..but it was held back by some construction flaws...I'd like to try more..but I'm in no rush, as there are plenty of other of Cuba's finest I enjoy more...I'll give it a **** on the Pharm'r Scale...still a respectable showing.

Şharmr£