Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2004, 08:57 PM   #1
althekillr
Club Member

PAM Exclusivo

I did not know what to expect from this cigar, being that the Padron 2k maduro's are my favorite domestic cigar. The padron naturals don't really do it for me, but I love the 000 line. The construction was perfect on this severe box presssed cigar.

I was having this cigar on new years eve with a few friends out on the front porch with a newcastle ale.

I had thoughts on this cigar being plugged before smoking it, just because of the severe box press, but not at all. Initial lighting of the cigar revealed a very tangy sweetness and perfect draw to the smoke. I think the sweetness was the direct flavor from the maduro wrapper not the smoke itself. I'm not good with flavors, but after the first few puffs that were sweet, the cigar got really earthy. It was very leathery and earthy, is how I would describe it. This flavor was very strong througout the whole cigar, and was unable to detect much of any other flavors. The maduro sweetness that I get from the 2k maddie was not there I would say that I was very dissapointed with this cigar, and just further proves to me that if I am going to spend $5 or more on a cigar, I just might as well go with an ISOM. The only premium domestic I have enjoyed is the VSG. I have yet to try the opus, and refuse to spend money on a 1926. I guess I am just for good now.
althekillr is offline   Reply With Quote