Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
scott1966
Herf Meister

Diesel "Unholy Cocktail"

Diesel "Unholy Cocktail" 5 X 56. Wrapper - Pennyslvania Broadleaf, Binder - Nicaragua, Filler - Jalapa, Condega, and Esteli. Made by Abdel "AJ" Fernandez. Full bodied.

Inital taste apon lighting was leather, wood and spice which quickly became a predominate spicey leather & wood flavor along with cinnamon.

When I got to the halfway point, I noticed the spiceiness picking up with the wood flavor - leather and cinammon was still present.

The last third of the cigar is where it got intersting - a sweetness emerged along with a creamy coffee flavor that became the dominate flavors. The leather taste was still noted but was more of a secondary flavor and the spice became more underlying than earlier in the cigar.

The finish of this cigar was also intersting in that it changed from the beginning to the end. The finish of the first half of the cigar was long with flavors of spice and leather. The second half was a long finish of a creamy sweet coffee flavor. Very enjoyable.

Construction, burn and draw was perfect. Nice light grey ash that held on for an inch and a half before falling off. Beautiful chocolate brown, oily wrapper. Very nice complexity and balance. I really enjoyed the change of flavor profile in the last third of the cigar - it really took me by surprise and made this experience even more interesting. MSRP on this vitola is $99.95 for a box of 30 ($3.33 per stick) which makes this cigar an excellent value. I highly recommend.
scott1966 is offline   Reply With Quote