Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #1
gui_tarzan
Herf God

IPCPR Arandoza Defcon

There is something to be said for the name of a cigar, however this one didn't quite live up to its name, sadly.

Well constructed with a medium draw, the pre-light aromas were intense and bold. I was looking forward to a complex experience.

First light - adequate smoke with heavy tobacco flavors, not much spice or pepper. Smoke from the foot had a very nice bouquet, I just wish it had the same result on the other end. Don't get me wrong, it was initially quite good, just not as complex as I had hoped.

A third of the way through the flavor built up to having a very strong body and a very rich taste. The burn was consistent, no touchups were needed. Toward the halfway point the flavor didn't let up and was very enjoyable, but strong enough that one would need to have a good drink to pair with this to take the edge off the taste. It was dark and heavy, not spicy and certainly not complex but good nonetheless.

I don't know if I would purchase this cigar, it doesn't live up to its name but if you're looking for a solid flavor with no other expectations this one fits the bill.

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote