Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
TheSaint
Club Member

RP 1961 Robusto

Picked this up yesterday at a B&M, the box was near the bottom shelf and tucked back a little, glad I looked a little.

Chocolate brown wrapper, fairly oily and very dense in the hand. Prelight had a very nice aroma, much like the big red building that houses horses and other farm animals.

Upon lighting your taste buds are smacked and I mean smacked with pepper, just like the Pepins. The pepper is strong, under the pepper is earth and it mixes well, very well. Beautiful burn, straight and sharp. The ash holds tight, rolled it off at about the 2 inch mark.

Past the halfway point the pepper is still the main flavor, but the earth has made way for a semi-sweet taste, which I thought was even better than the pepper and earth at the start. Still burning great, no problems and no flakes of ash.

Smoked it down till the goatee was starting to smolder, great cigar, I think this is now my favorite RP. I love the Edge and OWR, ok and the Decade...and the sun grown, but this one IMO tops them. I can't wait to try the Brothers cigar as well.

The Saints Halo-meter:
Stength: 9 halos
Construction: 9 halos
Value: 8 halos ( only 6 bucks for a robusto, not bad in my book.)

If you see this at the local B&M or online, pick some up, WELL worth the coin!