Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 06-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

Boy, I sure do miss....

....the café in town. In the good weather, I would go and purchase an espresso and some Italian pastry. Then, sit outside the café and enjoy. I wish I was physically able to go back there.
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

sorry dude.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

This outdoor café was used in the Sopranos.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

sorry Mike, losing things we love or things that were important sucks, but we have to live in the now. letting go is never easy. Bad choices in our past echo in the present. But I tell you from experience, letting it go is like taking a weight off.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 06-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #5
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
sorry Mike, losing things we love or things that were important sucks, but we have to live in the now. letting go is never easy. Bad choices in our past echo in the present. But I tell you from experience, letting it go is like taking a weight off.
very true
Old 06-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #6
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Oh, how my life would have been different if Katrina hadn't taken The Camp. I hear ya Mike. It's better to regret something you've done than something you haven't.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:07 PM   #7
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I don't know. I dealt with Typhoon Deanne. It knocked the crap out of me. But I am proud I survived, made changes and moved on. The past made me who I am, better and worse. But I get to choose who I am today. I am more than the things that went wrong, the things I didn't get, the plans that didn't come to fruition. I am me, imperfect in every way. But I am happier than then. Go figure.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #8
flipflop
Contributing Editor
CW Butt Whisperer
Herf God

Yesterday is a canceled check.

Tomorrow is a promissory note.

Only today is legal tender.

Spend it wisely.
-- Ghengis Khan
flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote