Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #21
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente King en Tubo. Beautiful cigar in a nice presentation tubo. Quality construction, good flavor, nice burn. A really pleasant smoking experience!

Full review: http://forums.cigarweekly.com/showthread.php?t=180759
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #22
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Rocky Patel Edge Toro in the candela wrapper. This is my second one of these. It's a well made cigar with a good, mild flavor. If you want to try a greenie this might be worth a look.

Full review: http://forums.cigarweekly.com/showthread.php?t=180671
Old 07-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #23
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Camacho Check Six CG. 6 x 50 with a nice smooth dark wrapper. I've smoked several of these and the draw and burn are always good. The taste is nice. This is a solid smoke.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:02 AM   #24
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

This morning a Quesada Oktoberfest from the DR. No year on the band so I surmise this is from the initial offering. 5.5"x 50. It had a dark and substantial maduro wrapper. the roll is firm, the burn straight, and the ash firm and tight. The flavor was strong with a salty aftertaste. Not really in my wheelhouse, but a pretty good cigar and a nice change of pace.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:12 AM   #25
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Churchill. A finely crafted cigar with a perfect burn and great taste. These are very, very good.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:22 PM   #26
bsslack
Herf Meister

Last evening I had an Excellent Cigar. An H. Upmann Mag 46, 5 5/8 X 46 appropriately named. It was a truly lovely cigar, from the beginning to the end. Well mannered, clean burning with great flavor. Perhaps a bit milder than I remembered them being, but a lovely Twang was present and accounted for. A great cigar, my continued thanks to the Brother whom shared it with me.

Cheers!

Do not Hold Your Heart's True Words, until they can only fall upon the saddened ears and broken hearts, already filled with the loudness of grief. -unk

...Quick to Judgement...Quick to Anger and Slow To Understand... -Rush (it was true then and it's still applies today.)

Remember EVERY American Soldier Past and Present.-You -Me -Everybody
bsslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #27
beevod
Herf God

Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut from a sampler pack. Mild but quite flavorful with a lovely aftertaste.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #28
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Last evening, as a thunderstorm raged seemingly right over my house, and the neighborhood, I enjoyed a Gran Habano VL maduro belicoso. My son came outside and noticed, immediately, that the "room note" or the aroma of the smoke was quite sweet.

I did not notice that the direct flavor was TOO sweet, but I surmise that it's the maduro. The smoke was generous, the flavor was not harsh at any time, kind of leathery, if I remember accurately.

Fine cigar, have smoked them before and will do so again with enjoyment.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #29
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Good mini reviews fellas!

Charlie Torano Captiva CG this morning. The more I smoke of these the better I like them. This was a firm chocolatey cylinder. The burn was good and the flavor was nice. I had an e-mail from Holt's recently that has these on sale for about $3 per cigar. If I was in the market I'd buy some.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #30
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Aging Room Havao. This is a light wrapper, Corona Gorda size cigar. I used a match to light it and it burned straight the whole way. The flavor is very nice. These are reasonably priced cigars, well worth the money. If you can get them on sale I'd call it a bargain.