Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
Augie754

Graycliff Crystal Series PGX

Graycliff Crystal Series PGX
Cigar Size = 6 x 50 (toro)
Country of Origin = Bahamas
Wrapper = Ecuador Sungrown
Binder = Indonesia
Filler = Brazil, Nicaragua, Honduras
Purchased From = Cigarbid.com
Purchase Date = 2007-09-26
Purchase price = $6.36
Smoke Date = 2008-06-25

Appearance = 6.5
This was one of the ugliest cigars that I've had for quite some time. The wrapper was light brown and dry looking with an overabundance of veins. All of the cigars in the 5 pack were similar. The cigar was bent and misshaped. The band was of decent design and the only good thing I could find. Most seconds that I've had looked better than these cigars.

Construction = 6.9
Pre-smoke draw was loose and didn't changed after lighting. The bunch was lumpy and soft, this cigar was certainly not packed full of tobacco. There wasn't very much smoke for the easy draw it had. It started burning at a angle for the first 2 or 3 inches but after it evened out. The ash was gray and flakey, and it only hang on for about a half inch. The construction was the high point of this cigar and it wasn't that great.

Taste = 5.4
After cutting the pre-smoke taste wasn't much. Upon lighting the taste was of just smoke, this was the dominate flavor throughout. That is, there wasn't much flavor, a very small hint of ceder a couple times but nothing else. The only positive was that it never got harsh, but that could be because I only smoked a little more that half of it. It was medium in strength but the flavor was absent, it was definitely bland. It had a short finish, but in this case that is good.

Overall
I smoked this with 3 other guys that were smoking the same thing. Their experience was similar. For the cost of this cigar, I can't see how they ever sell any of these. I'd had their 'Professional Series' and it wasn't much better. Maybe we've received a couple bad 5 packs, but for the price, we shouldn't be 0 for 10. I'd recommend you skip trying this cigar, there are so many much, much better smokes for less.

Appearance = 6.5 x 1
Construction = 6.9 x 3
Taste = 5.4 x 6
Overall = 5.96
Strenth Rating = Medium

Rating scale:
10.0 - 9.5 = buy at any price
9.5 - 9.0 = premium price box worthy
9.0 - 8.5 = box worthy
8.5 - 8.0 = single or 5 pack worthy
8.0 - 7.0 = single worthy if dirt cheap
7.0 - 6.0 = will smoke if given for free